Once you have made up your mind that you want to move, your first step should be to contact a real estate consultant so that person can guide you through the steps to getting your home on the market. The steps that you take prior to putting your home on the market are the most crucial in getting your home sold for the most money and in the shortest amount of time. Since time on the market typically translates directly to your final sales price, these two go hand in hand. Below are some of the services that I provide for my listings, but the prep work will vary for each individual home.
- Since the internet has become the main place every potential home buyer begins their search, with almost 90% going online to do their first search, I have become dedicated to focusing on that area for much of my marketing.
- Through the Visual Tour internet marketing, your home will benefit from maximum exposure.
- Home will be featured on the Internet at my web site, www.GreenvilleSCRealEstateToday.com, and also featured through: Greenvilleonline.com and Realtor.com with additional interior pictures, the company web site, www.soldongreenville.com, plus exposure through online classifieds like Craiglist.com, search engines Google and Yahoo, real estate search engines Trulia and Zillow, and dozens of others.
- The interior and exterior pictures, combined with the visual tour and the marketing that only a resident of the eastside and Realtor of more than 14 years can offer, all combine to offer you unmatched service.
- I will want to do a Sunday open house as soon as possible after the house goes on the market.
- I will send out “just listed” post cards to the neighbors encouraging their help in finding new buyers
- Color brochures will be available for prospective buyers in the home while the home is available for sale.
- Full color picture flyers will be available on the sign while the home is available for sale.
- I will maintain active contact with the seller to discuss feedback as is comes in and will take an active approach to recommending selling strategies, especially those that I have proven to be effective in assisting in the sale of homes in the fastest time and for the most money.
These are just a few simple things you as a seller can do to prepare your house for the best showings possible. Our job as real estate consultants is to bring the people to your house, but once inside, you can provide immeasurable help in the presentation. Although some of these tips may not apply to your home, any of these things you can do will speed up the selling process.
- Buy some paint and paint the front door. Also, fix any screens necessary.
- Pressure wash the exterior of the house, including walkways or driveways.
- Vacuum the garage & basement. In fact, vacuum everything.
- Fix any broken steps outside.
- Touch-up wall paint.
- Replace carpet or kitchen floor if necessary.
- Re-caulk in the bathrooms.
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs (maybe increase the wattage).
- Put up any out of season clothes in closets.
- Put up appliances off counters and clean cabinets.
Prepare for showing
- Turn on lights - Use pleasant scents
- Open blinds - Put pets out
- Make the beds - Plan not to be there
- Play some soft music - Improve everything
The object of these tasks is to make the house appear as open, bright and airy as possible. You would be surprised how much some of the easiest little tasks can accomplish towards helping to sell your home.
Say hello to charm, space and affordable downtown living! This beautifully updated 2 bedroom/2.5 bath condo is located right across the street from Cleveland Park and The...
The Listings data contained on this website comes from various participants of The Multiple Listing Service of Greenville, SC, Inc. Internet Data Exchange. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. © 2022 Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®. All Rights Reserved. Last Updated